Continuing & Professional Education
February 7th-April 16th
September 18th- November 26th
The Certificate in Fundraising Leadership (CFL) serves as a professional enhancement resource for nonprofit and public service leaders responsible for creating and nurturing a culture of philanthropy at their organizations. From current development professionals to Executive Directors to volunteer Board members, securing financial resources to advance the missions you serve is critical to one’s success. Educational modules focus on the necessary ingredients to be an effective fundraiser, key principles for fundraising success, creating a culture of philanthropy where one understands the role everyone plays in that process, how to engage a variety of stakeholders in the cycle of philanthropy, and ethical dilemmas and considerations for development professionals. Though a faculty instructor guides learners through each educational module, participants also critique articles, listen to lectures, and engage with cohorts to share insight on real-world fundraising scenarios.
Your experience within our online classroom will be a blend of graduate-level education with an applied perspective to utilize learnings to benefit personal aspirations and organizational professional commitments. The academic content is based on decades of experience from leaders in public administration education and the design reflects what we believe, addresses the most vital current and future competencies for public service leaders.
Continuing Education Instructor
Carme Williams, CFRE serves as the Continuing Education Instructor of record for the Certificate in Fundraising Leadership.
- Week 1 – Understanding Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Week 2 – Impact Components for Effective Fundraising
- Week 3 – Vital Competencies for Fundraising Professionals
- Week 4 – Leadership Roles in Support of Fundraising
- Week 5 – Key Principles for Successful Fundraising I
- Week 6 – Key Principles for Successful Fundraising II
- Week 7 – Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Philanthropy
- Week 8 – Utilizing Board Members in the Process of Fundraising
- Week 9 – Donor Prospecting and Ethical Considerations
- Week 10 – Engaging Volunteers and Stakeholders in Fundraising