MS ECON-MIA Admissions Timeline
- Late August: MIA Internal Application Opens
- Applicants can start filling out their MIA Internal Application for the MS ECON-MIA Combined Degree (and submit when ready).
- We advise applicants to visit the MS ECON-MIA application requirements page to start preparing their materials for the MIA internal application and submit when all materials are ready.
- August – January:
- Applications and supporting materials are collected, processed, and evaluated for completion.
- The Bush School Admissions Office emails applicants status updates on the MIA portion of their application, including any missing items and/or when their application is complete /ready for review.
- Applicants are responsible for monitoring the status of their recommendations to ensure all are submitted and received no later than the application deadline.
- December 15: Priority MIA Funding Application Deadline (for the MIA portion of the degree)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all application materials, including recommendations and test scores (if applicable) by the MIA Priority Funding Deadline (as outlined on the Deadlines page) hyperlink to new MS ECON-MIA Admissions Timeline page to ensure their application is considered for top MIA funding awards. *Bush School scholarships are awarded only for the semesters an admitted MS ECON-MIA student attends the Bush School full-time, typically the fall and spring semesters of the student’s second year and the final semester of their third year.
Applicants who submit and complete their application after the priority funding deadline, but on or before the final application deadline, are still considered for competitive, merit-based Bush School MIA Scholarships. However, they may miss an opportunity to be nominated for other various funding awards.
- January 12: Final Application Deadline
Applicants still missing materials after the final deadline will NOT be reviewed or considered for admission. Ensure your application and all materials are submitted no later than this deadline.
- January 13 – Late January: Apps Reviewed
- All completed applications (with all required materials submitted) are reviewed by the MIA Admissions Committee to determine who to invite for an interview.
- Bush School Admissions Office emails all applicants with an invitation to interview for the MIA portion of the degree or if their request for admission to the MIA portion of the degree has been declined.
- February 23-24, 2024: MIA Interview Conference Weekend
- Alternative interviews via Zoom are scheduled during the entire month of February for those who cannot attend Interview Conference Weekend.
- Early March: The MIA Admissions and Scholarship Committees make final admissions and funding decisions for the MIA portion of the degree.
- By March 15: Applicants are notified of their admission decision for the MIA degree and MIA scholarship awarded via email sent by the Bush School with the Economics department copied.
- March 15-April 15: Applicants weigh their offer of admission.
- By April 15: Applicants accept or decline their offers of admission into MIA portion of the MS ECON-MIA degree program by submitting the Bush School’s Admissions Reply Form no later than April 15.
Upon Accepting Offer of Admission:
- Students prepare for fall entry into the Bush School’s MIA portion of the degree.
- MS ECON students will start receiving email notifications for the MIA portion of the degree, including details about the Bush School’s New Student Orientation typically scheduled for the week prior to the start of the fall semester.
- MS ECON-MIA students are strongly encouraged to attend the Bush School’s New Student Orientation, which is held the week prior to the start of the fall semester.