Howdy and welcome to our Center’s outreach efforts. Our number one goal is to support the vibrancy of the philanthropic sector in Texas and beyond, and we accomplish that via our professional development activities and offerings.
As aligned with Texas A&M’s designation as a land-grant institution, the Center for Nonprofits & Philanthropy is committed to sharing knowledge and expertise with nonprofit and civil society organizations far and wide. In a relatively short amount of time with regard to our service activity we have:
- Developed partnerships with our local United Way and the Cities of Bryan and College Station to assist local nonprofits with capacity building
- Consulted with a variety of nonprofit and public service leaders on issues ranging from Board development to performance measurement and overall governance
- Hosted professional development workshops for statewide nonprofits with a specific eye towards progressing in the area of fund raising
Considering our intellectual property in the areas of leadership, nonprofit strategy, and Board governance we also provide noncredit fee-based services. Thus far in our tenure we have:
- Developed and delivered a Leadership in Public Service program…a two-day professional development workshop geared towards managers and executives from nonprofit/public service sectors, graduate degree holders and current master-level students planning for a nonprofit and/or public sector career, and for-profit and corporate sector leaders who have transitioned into a career of service via nonprofit or public sector organizations or plan to do so
- Conducted half-day and daylong strategic planning sessions (Board Advances) for nonprofits with a variety of missions
- Consulted with other institutions of higher education on the ‘how-to’ of supporting effective leadership in nonprofit organizations, resulting in also delivering onsite training and coaching for nonprofit executives
Know that we look forward to working with you so don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or inquiries regarding our services. If you or your organization is interested in consulting services, please contact us.
Kenneth Anderson Taylor
Assistant Professor of the Practice and Director of Outreach and Professional Development