Continuing & Professional Education
February 7th-April 16th
September 18th- November 26th
The Certificate in Social Justice Leadership (CSJL) was developed for leaders committed to addressing inequities at nonprofit and public service organizations. CSJL explores how public servants, from on-the-ground volunteers to donors, transform institutions’ systems and structures. Research continues to showcase the advantages of diversity and inclusion of salaried and non-paid employees at public and community service organizations, positing enhanced program and financial performance as the outcome. CSJL Course modules focus on understanding the basics of social justice and its dimensions, the role cultural competency plays in public service, managing and leading diversity initiatives, and creating social change by utilizing learnings to take action. Though a faculty instructor guides learners through each educational module, participants also critique articles, listen to lectures, and engage with cohorts to share insight on real-world social justice scenarios.
Your experience within our online classroom will be a blend of graduate-level education with an applied perspective to utilize learnings to benefit personal aspirations and organizational professional commitments. The academic content is based on decades of experience from leaders in public administration education and the design reflects what we believe, addresses the most vital current and future competencies for public service leaders.
Continuing Education Instructor
Dr. Kenneth Anderson Taylor serves as the Continuing Education Instructor of record for the Certificate in Social Justice Leadership.
- Week 1 – Social Justice Leadership at Nonprofit Organizations
- Week 2 – Barriers to Racial Equity Within Nonprofits
- Week 3 – Workplace Culture and Dimensions of DEI
- Week 4 – Employing Leader Behaviors that Impact Equity
- Week 5 – Cultural Competence and its Role in Public Service
- Week 6 – Understanding the Cultural Competency Cycle
- Week 7 – Successful Approaches to Managing Diversity
- Week 8 – Why Ethical Leadership Matters
- Week 9 – Validating Strengths and Opportunities for Leader Development
- Week 10 – Taking Action and Creating Social Change