Experience the Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration (EMPSA) program!
- Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration with One Week of Residency Each Year (2 Weeks Total)
- Choose a Homeland Security Track, a Nonprofit Management Track, or a Public Management Track
- Culminating Applied Capstone Project with Governmental or Nonprofit Partners
- Courses Are 100% Online (Excluding the Two Weeks Total Required in Residence for the Program)
- 39 Graduate Credit Hours
- Complete in Two to Three Years Based on Potential Transfer Credits and Your Schedule!
- Transfer up to 12 Credit Hours of the Bush School’s Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security, Public Management, or Nonprofit Management to the Related Track.
- Applications Accepted for the Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters.
- For 2024, the Bush School ranked in the top 10% in the nation for graduate schools for public affairs.
- In 2020, the Bush School Was Named the No. 1 Ranked “Best Value” in Online Executive MPA Programs by Value Colleges.
The Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration program delivers a rigorous 39-graduate-credit-hour, non-thesis executive degree program offered online with a total of two required weeks in residence at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas or in Washington, DC.
High Impact. Endless Possibilities
The Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration provides high-quality and high-impact coursework for individuals pursuing full-time professional careers. Students develop in-depth, advanced skills in public service leadership, decision making, and critical investigative and evaluative methods within the public sector. Degree program applicants must have at least five full-time years of cumulative experience in public service. In addition, applicants must have at least three years of experience at the middle to upper level.
A Natural Fit to Your Schedule
Leverage your time to the maximum with online classes. Texas A&M University’s Bush School holds online classes in fifteen-week fall and spring sessions, and ten-week summer sessions. Additionally, the program requires two one-week residencies for all students. Residency weeks typically occur in the summer or fall semesters.
Specialize in Your Field
Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration (EMPSA) students select a track area of Homeland Security, Nonprofit Management, or Public Management. Students complete 18 hours in the selected track area.
Solve the Tough Challenges!
The Online Executive Master of Public Service & Administration (EMPSA) educational experience culminates with a final, required capstone project, in which executive students work collaboratively on a public service and administration project in conjunction with a government agency or nonprofit organization.
Texas A&M University ranks as the #1 Best Buy according to the Fiske Guide to Colleges, 2021, and Texas A&M University ranks #4 in the nation as a “Best Value School” among American Association of Universities (AAU) schools. Learn more about Texas A&M University rankings. Learn more about Texas A&M University rankings.
Our students and graduates become part of the Aggie Network over 527,468 former students who live around the world. Moreover, graduates become a part of the very strong, vibrant, and close-knit community of former students that comprise Texas A&M University’s Bush School of Government & Public Service network!
The Master of Public Service & Administration degree at the Bush School of Government and Public Service is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).