Week of September 21, 2020
Inside The Bush School
- Dr. Xinsheng Liu and Dr. Arnold Vedlitz recently published three research articles.
The first article, “A Micro Model of Problem Definition and Policy Choice: Issue Image, Issue Association, and Policy Support of Power Plants,” coauthored with Scott Robinson, appears in Policy Studies Journal; the second article, “How Social Capital Shapes Citizen Willingness to Co‐invest in Public Service: The Case of Flood Control,” coauthored with Youlang Zhang, was published in Public Administration; and the third one, “Issue-Specific Knowledge and Willingness to Coproduce: The Case of Public Security Services,” also coauthored with Youlang Zhang, was published in Public Management Review.
- PSAA Professor Ann Bowman Publishes Book on Change in Electing City Council
Ann Bowman’s book Reinventing the Austin City Council was published by Temple University Press in August 2020. The book explores the city’s change from at-large to a district method for electing city council members and analyzes the impact of the change.
- PSAA Professor Ann Bowman Serves on Panels at American Political Science Association Annual Meeting
Ann Bowman was a panelist on two panels at the recent virtual Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association: (1) “Author Meets Critics: Texas v. California: A History of Their Struggle for the Future of America” and (2) “Crossing Disciplinary Boundaries in Federalism Scholarship.”
- PSAA Associate Professor Laura Dague Promoted to Research Associate at NBER
At its recent meeting, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) Board of Directors elected Dr. Laura Dague as a Research Associate in the NBER Program in Health Economics. Dr. Dague has been a Faculty Research Fellow at the NBER since 2018. The NBER is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to conducting economic research and to disseminating research findings among academics, public policy makers, and business professionals. Research associates are the long-term affiliates who largely determine the direction and tone of research within each program. They play a critical role in helping to identify promising research initiatives; in recruiting new faculty research fellows, the junior members of each program; and in raising funds to support program activities.
- PSAA Associate Professor Joanna Lahey Interviewed for an Article on Age Discrimination in the Virginian-Pilot.
Bush School Events
Bush School News
September 18, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 16, 2020
September 16, 2020
Bush School In The Media
- September 21, 2020: The Bush School, “Avoiding A Vaccine Cold War“, Texas A&M Today
- September 20, 2020: Edward Lemon, “Majlis Podcast: The Oxus Society Ready To Open A New Forum For Central Asian Studies“, The Majlis Podcast
- September 18, 2020: Jessica Gottlieb, “How the coronavirus pandemic is fueling ethnic hatred“, The Washington Post
- September 17, 2020: The Bush School, “George & Barbara Bush Foundation hosts virtual conversation on vaccines“, KBTX News
- September 17, 2020: The Bush School, “Governor Abbott Appoints 11 To Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response“, Office of the Texas Governor