The following is important information about scheduling interviews and the Interview Conference Weekend (ICW). We require ALL invitees to complete the online Interview Registration Form in order to move forward in our application process. Reply between now and Wednesday, February 15th.
REGISTRATION is online and REQUIRED OF ALL INVITEES. Please click on the Interview Registration Form button to complete and submit your option, after you read these overviews.
- Those ATTENDING our Interview Conference in College Station: Please make your travel and accommodation arrangements before completing the survey (see below for details), as we use this information to create head counts for transportation arrangements and hotel lists. Fill out the Interview Registration Form with your travel plans and contact Kathryn Meyer if you have any changes after submission. Remember to keep your travel receipts for partial reimbursement of your expenses. (Note: We cannot reimburse hotel, car, or airline points at a monetary value).
- Those NOT ABLE to attend our Interview Conference in College Station: Overseas applicants and those with conflicting plans will be contacted via email to arrange Zoom or alternate interviews. We encourage you to attend if possible, as it’s a great way to get a feel for the school; its students, staff, faculty; and the Aggie environment. However, we realize not everyone can visit that weekend. In that case, on the Interview Registration Form, indicate that you cannot attend, mark your concentration interests, and watch your email so we can set your interview in February.
MIA Interview Conference Weekend Information
February 24-25, 2023
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX
Agenda | Accommodations | Directions/Getting Around Town | Flight Options
Meals | Attire | Travel Reimbursement
Check-in for the Interview Conference will tentatively be Friday, February 24 from 3:15-3:45 p.m. The conference will begin with a welcome by the dean at 4:00 p.m. Activities continue throughout Friday and Saturday and conclude with a dinner Saturday evening. Attendees are able to leave after dinner or anytime on Sunday. Please note that Interview Conference is for prospective candidates only; we are unable to accommodate guests at the event. The agenda is tentative and times are subject to minor changes.
Any hotel, Airbnb/VRBO (for those with a car): If you can drive yourself to/from the Bush School:
- Stay at any local property you are comfortable with. We have only contracted hotel rates, availability, and a shuttle coordinated with the Hilton CS & Conference Center and Wyndham Garden Hotel-College Station (see below). Many nice hotels are available at good rates, so check out your options before booking. Most hotels are within a few miles of our campus, but none are within walking distance.
- Contracted hotels (for those without a car): If you will not have a car and/or want to catch a Bush School Shuttle Friday/Saturday, then book one of these options. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can find shuttle pick-up hours and information in the Shuttle Service section below.
- Contact the Hilton College Station & Conference Center at 801 University Drive East, College Station, 77840 (979-693-7500) by 5 pm on Thurs, February 9th to reserve a room at $119 a night (plus tax: 15.75%). Call the number above or 800-HILTONS and use group code BUSH22. You can also Book Online with the same code. A credit card is required to guarantee the reservation and cancellations must be made 48 hours before arrival time. Shuttle info is below for those needing airport pickup; parking is free for those who drive. Beds are run of house.
Availability: 10 rooms Thurs, 2/23 * 20 Fri, 2/24 * 20 Sat, 2/25.
- Contact the Wyndham Garden Hotel – College Station at 2829 Texas Ave, College Station, 77845 (979-485-5777) by midnight Monday, February 13 to reserve a suite room at $98 a night (plus tax; 15.75%). Call the number above and use group code 022322BUSH. You can also Book Online using the same code. A credit card and deposit equal to the room rate and tax for the first night are required to guarantee the reservation. To cancel the reservation, the hotel must receive notification by 4 PM the day before arrival. The hotel does not have a shuttle for airport pickup, but we can help coordinate if you indicate that on ICW registration. Parking is free for those who drive. Check-in is 3 PM and check out is 11 AM. Beds are QQ or K.
Availability: 5 rooms Thurs, 2/23 * 10 Fri , 2/24 * 10 Sat, 2/25.
- Want to share a hotel? Ask to be paired with another prospective candidate to defray room costs. Indicate if you will have a car. Book a double occupancy room at an appropriate hotel, ensuring you can cancel as needed. Mark the registration form and email Kathryn Meyer and she’ll look into it.
- Indicate if you live in the area and will be staying at home.
- Indicate if you will be making your own arrangements to stay with friends or family in town. If staying with a current GBS student friend, please indicate his/her name.
- If you would like to stay with a current student, arranged by our office, ask to be hosted by a current Bush School student. Indicate if you will have a car. This option is limited to Bush School volunteer availability. Mark the registration form and email Kathryn. Options will be limited.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make hotel reservations as soon as possible and email Kathryn if having trouble.
Driving/Getting Around Town
- Use the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum as your address at 1000 George Bush West, College Station 77843. Parking on Friday requires your car to be registered and will be in Fan Field across from the Bush School. Saturday parking is free in any nearby lot. Our event is located in the Allen Building and in the Presidential Conference Center.
- The closest car rental site is located at Easterwood Airport, two miles from the Bush School. The airport houses Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and National.
Shuttle Service with the Hilton CS, Wyndham Garden Hotel-CS, and the Bush School
- The Bush School is coordinating transportation with the Hilton and Wyndham Garden for rides to/from campus during the conference. If you need an airport pickup to the hotel, indicate that option on the Registration form. We can be a backup during business hours Thursday-Friday as needed for the Hilton. For times outside the hours below, as well as on Sunday, you’ll need to rely on ride share sites or taxis (check with Hilton directly).
- Thursday: 9 AM to 5 PM for airport to the Hilton or Wyndham
- Friday: 9 AM to 9 PM for airport to hotels, 2:30-3 PM hotels to Bush School; evening Bush School to hotels
- Saturday: 7:40-8:10 AM from hotels to Bush School; evening Bush School to hotels
- Sunday: If the Hilton cannot help (and for Wyndham stays), use ride share/taxis and turn in receipt.
Rides to/from any hotel other than the Hilton CS and the Wyndham Garden Hotel-CS will be your responsibility.
- Bryan/College Station: One national airline carrier flies into College Station’s Easterwood Airport (CLL): American Airlines (connects in Dallas, TX). Easterwood Airport is two miles from the Bush School. Please utilize hotel shuttles when possible and taxis/Uber/Lyft when necessary.
- Houston*: George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston (IAH) is a 1.5 hour drive and Houston Hobby is a two-hour drive (HOU) to College Station. Candidates are responsible for their own travel to College Station from these airports. Rental cars and Ride Sharing services are available.
* GroundShuttle.com is a local shuttle service that runs vans between Houston IAH/ College Station for $50 each way with an additional $12 for drop off locations like your hotel or the Bush School. These rates are prepaid online. Pickup times are limited, so visit their website at www.groundshuttle.com to review the schedules and booking sections, or call them at 855-303-4415.
- Austin and Dallas: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) is a 1.5 hour drive and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL) are a three-hour drive to College Station. Candidates are responsible for their own travel to College Station from these airports.
Please indicate your travel plans on the Registration Form: the airport, airline carrier, and date/time of arrival and departure.
The Bush School will provide all meals from Friday evening through Saturday night. We will begin with a dinner on Friday. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner will be provided on Saturday. Please indicate any meal dietary preferences on the Registration Form.
Dress in professional attire for both Friday and Saturday. You want to impress for Saturday’s interviews, but realize it’s a long day, so be comfortable too. Temperatures in College Station are usually in the mid-40s to upper 60s at this time of year, but check the weather before you pack. We recommend that you dress in layers, as rooms often get warm.
Candidates attending the Bush School’s Interview Conference are considered for travel reimbursements. Turn in receipts for airfare, bus, car rental, taxis/Uber, shuttles, parking, mileage, and lodging. Note: We cannot reimburse hotel, car, or airline points at a monetary value. All candidates can consider further savings by staying with a local resident or current student or sharing a hotel room with another candidate.
We ask that you submit receipts to us at Interview Conference (or email copies within two weeks). Reimbursement requires submission of a W-9 and information for direct deposit. We will provide you a form in February and ask that you submit it at the ICW. Processing takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks, so please be sure you can cover your expenses until we can disburse funds. We expect to reimburse between 25-33% of your total submitted costs.
Please note: Local candidates are not eligible for travel aid. Receipts not submitted within two weeks following the conference are also not eligible.