The Mosbacher Institute hosts four distinguished speaker series, as well as one-time events focused on current topics. The Institute also contributes to the Bush School’s Brown Bag Series. These events are one of the ways the Mosbacher Institute engages our stakeholders in the important work of addressing the most pressing public policy challenges in the areas of trade, energy, governance, and public services.
The McLane Leadership in Business Award
This award event recognizes “a prominent individual in the field of business for outstanding contributions in the area of business, public service, or community service at the national level.”
- 2015 Award: Craig L. Boyan, President & Chief Operating Officer, H-E-B
- 2014 Award: Cindy Taylor, President & CEO, Oil States International
- 2013 Award: Gary C. Kelly, Chairman of the Board, President & CEO, Southwest Airlines
- 2012 Award: Joe DePinto, President & CEO, 7-Eleven, Inc.
- 2011 Award: Stan Richards, CEO, The Richards Group
- 2010 Award: Karen Katz, CEO, Neiman Marcus Group
The ConocoPhillips White House Lecture Series
The White House Lectures bring to the Bush School a distinguished speaker who has served in the White House, cabinet, and/or Executive Office of the President. The lectures often coincide with the presentation of the Mosbacher Institute Good Governance Award
, which recognizes exemplary achievements in channeling high-quality policy analysis into good governance and public service.
Bank of America Program on Volunteerism
This program highlights the importance of volunteer and humanitarian activities in society.
- 2016 Guest Speaker: Bud Philbrook, Co-founder & CEO, Global Volunteers
- 2015 Guest Speaker: Neal Keny-Guyer, CEO, Mercy Corps
- 2013 Guest Speaker: Harriet Martin,
Vice President, Office of Community Affairs
- 2012 Guest Speaker: Robert W. Pease, President & CEO, Motiva Enterprises LLC
- 2011 Guest Speaker: Kenneth L. Hall, CEO, Buckner International
Mosbacher Institute Conversations in Public Policy
This lecture series brings a prominent policymaker and a subject-matter expert together on a stage for an informative, public discussion of their common interests.
Other Mosbacher Institute Policy Talks and Workshops
As opportunity arises, the Mosbacher Institute also hosts occasional events that bring in accomplished scholars and experts to speak on policy topics of particular current interest.