Application to CAIA, CHLS, and CNPM Graduate Certificate Programs
How does the admissions and enrollment process work?
At the Bush School, our entire staff is dedicated to your success - before, during, and after your admission and enrollment. To streamline your admission and enrollment, answer all your questions, and assist you with financing, several expert advisors will be dedicated to helping you.
Admissions Advisors: 1-866-988-BUSH (2874) or 979-862-7810
When completing the application, please indicate if you are interested in the online program or if you plan to complete the certificate in-residence at the Bush School. Do this even if you plan to take a mix of online and in-residence courses. Below are the steps in the application process followed by a table of deadlines for upcoming semesters. Please read carefully!
Bush School and Current Texas A&M University Students: Apply prior to starting your certificate. Texas A&M University students who plan to be concurrently enrolled in the certificate program while in a degree seeking Texas A&M University program, must apply with the internal application rather than the Apply Texas application in order to remain a part of the degree seeking major. Please complete the internal application, sign the form, and fax to: (979) 862-3196.
The Certificate Application Process for Those Not Currently Enrolled at Texas A&M University:
Texas Common Application
- For detailed instructions on how to create an application
in Apply Texas, click here.
- Fill in all fields including work history
- Can be submitted via Texas common application or to email@example.com.
- Needs to include a statement of approximately 500 words written by the applicant indicating personal interest in some area of international affairs/ homeland security/ nonprofit management and how s/he might use an enhanced knowledge of this subject. Please also include any courses that you may have taken in regard to international affairs and foreign policy/ homeland security/ nonprofit management.
- For Certificate in Advanced International Affairs and Certificate in Homeland Security Applicants: Include a description of any life experiences you may have in world affairs. The statement should indicate the dates, time, and locations involved; the specific types of personal experiences that demonstrate international involvement; and an indication of what insights you have acquired. If you have competency in another language(s), then describe the level of competency that you have. Other than short vacations or business trips, note the location and dates of any significant time residing outside of the United States.
GRE Scores Required IF
- Your GPA is less than 3.0 overall or in the last 60 hours (exceptions: Certificate in Nonprofit Management applicants or director permission).
Send directly from registrar of the university to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions and Records
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
- The quickest way is to have them sent electronically.
To Expedite the Process
- Send unofficial transcripts to us via fax (979) 862-3196 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can make a decision on your application without having to have the originals in hand. Note: This applies for domestic applicants only. International applicants must have their official transcripts sent directly to Texas A&M University Graduate Admissions Processing.
- Note: You will not be able to register for classes until your Official Transcripts are received by the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- TOEFL Required - If you are an international student, you will also need to send your TOEFL scores.
All documents on this page are in PDF format. To view the files, you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click on the icon to download a free copy of the software.
The Bush School of Government and Public Service
Office of Extended Education
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77843-4220
1-866-988-BUSH (2874) or 979-862-7810
Request Information by E-mail